It is sometimes useful to be able to create a form which is intended for use by someone else. There are two different scenarios where this can be done:
Scenario 1: Client will be using one of your forms which runs under your own plan, with submission quotas counting towards your own plan.
- In this scenario the form always belongs to you. All you need to do after you have created your form is to grant your friend the relevant permissions to your form. They can now see your form on their "My Forms" screen, however all submissions count towards your account plan (because it is still your form, they simply have access to it).
Scenario 2: Client would like to use one of your pre-made forms, however the form should be running under their own account and all submissions on that form should count towards their own plans quotas.
- In this scenario, you are creating a form for your friend to clone and use as their own, under their own plan. The steps to do this are:
- First create a "clone" of the form which you would like to transfer to another person.
- Remove anything sensitive from this clone which you would rather the client not see (e.g. any sensitive settings)
- Give the other person "Edit" access to this cloned form so that it shows up in their list of forms that they have access to (at this point it is still your form, running under your plan/account)
- Wait for the other person to "Clone" this form that you have given them access to.
- The form they've cloned is now exactly the same form, albeit running under their own plan/account.
- You can now delete your own cloned form as its no longer needed.