By default there is no limit on form submissions and a form will accept as many submissions as your plan quota permits per month.
It is however useful to be able to limit the number of times a form is submitted, for example:
- Your form is a registration form for an event, and you only have limited total seats available
- Your form is a booking form, and you only have limited booking spaces available per time slot
- Your form is selling a product, and you only have limited stock available
- Your form is a quiz/exam, and you only want the same person to be able to submit the form once (with certainty)
With GlobalPatron you can set quantity limits at three levels, and you are free to set limits at multiple levels for the same form if you wish (e.g. "100 total submissions", and "Limit 'Sunday' bookings to 5 total").
The three levels where you can specify quantity limits are:
- Limit total submissions per form
- Limit total submissions per logged in user
- Limit total submissions per field value
To define the quantity limits for your form, click on the "Quantity Limits" button on the right side menu that looks like this:
For even more advanced scenarios, you can use Private Data Lists to maintain your own internal list of reference data and use those lists to determine whether the submission is allowed to be made or not.